co-founder & CEO
Nate Martin is the Co-Founder and CEO of Puzzle Break, the first American escape room company. Founded in 2013, Puzzle Break is headquartered in Seattle with locations in New York, Massachusetts and on Royal Caribbean ships. He is a Business Journal 40-Under-40 honoree.
Martin is a frequent lecturer on the topics of escape rooms, interactive entertainment, design, innovation, and entrepreneurship. He maintains a blog where he discusses those subjects and more. His interviews have appeared in the New York Times, Entrepreneur Magazine, U.S. News & World Report, Forbes, MarketWatch, and countless other outlets. He was profiled by MSNBC’s Your Business where he was first dubbed the "Founding Father of Escape Rooms."
A graduate of the DigiPen Institute of Technology, he was a senior executive at Microsoft and Electronic Arts prior to Puzzle Break. He has shipped software used by billions of users as well as some of the most beloved video games of a generation.
@GuyFromTomorrow on Twitter.
Nate Martin's Talks
- Beaver County in Transition - Keynote
- Our Region's Business with Bill Flanagan
- MPINCC Conference & Expo - Escape Rooms & Puzzle Games: Secrets to Utilize the Latest Teambuilding Craze
- Sundance Film Festival - Storytelling for the Experience Generation
- Escape to the North - Most Everything You Know is Wrong
- Escape to the North - Ask the Experts
- Transworld - Further Working with Brands, Films, and Corporations
- Transworld - Ask the Experts
- Meeting Professionals International World Education Congress - Escape Rooms: Secrets to Utilize the Latest Teambuilding Craze
- Transworld Room Escape Conference - What do I do Next?
- Transworld Room Escape Conference - Working with Brands, Films, and Corporations
- American Pop Culture Association - Keynote
- PAX Prime - The Escape Room Revolution: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow
- Nerd Nite San Francisco - Metagrobology and You: An Interactive Journey through the Past and Future of Puzzles